The Family Help Center is looking for caring and nurturing Classroom Teachers to join our team of professionals. The Family Help Center leads in quality care and programming for our children. We firmly believe all children can be helped to reach their potential through ongoing positive encouragement and daily support of their successes. Our center focuses on the Social/Emotional Development of children by building relationships using Teacher Child Interaction Training and Pyramid Model.
The Teacher must be able to perform the following:
· Oversees the direct care, safety, and nurturing of all children ages supported by all education staff.
· Work together as a team with a co-teacher and share responsibilities in an early childhood environment.
· Record observations and assessments
· Create a positive environment using positive language and praise.
· Create and implement developmentally appropriate practice and state day care regulations in the classroom with a co-teacher.
· Be willing to be certified in the Pyramid Model for social-emotional development and then be able to model and guide other staff.
· Be willing to be certified in Teacher Child Interaction Training for child behavior modification and then be able to model, coach and guide other staff.
· Be willing to work in a multicultural classroom setting
· Be or willing to be CPR and First Aid certified.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (Birth-2) or (Birth-6) or Early Childhood Special Education(n-6) or its equivalent; Preferred minimum 1-year lead teaching in infant or toddler nursery or classroom in a NYS OCFS licensed daycare center.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate; Preferred minimum of 1 year of teaching in an infant, toddler, or preschool state licensed nursery or daycare center.
Job Type: Full-time