Family Help Center Daycare has an opening for their Education Specialist position. The Education Specialist is responsible to oversee lesson plans that implement age-appropriate activities, nurture, teach and care for children who have not yet entered Kindergarten. Education Specialist will learn an evidence-based program (Teacher-Child Interaction Training / TCIT) that ensures a higher quality of care, including creating a positive environment with more support and fewer interruptions, helping children gain social and emotional strength; limiting classroom disruptions and helping children reach their potential by focusing on progress – not failure. The Education Specialist is responsible for the direct care and safety of the children in the Daycare Program.
- Education: Current New York State Teaching Certification Birth through Grade 2, Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent
- Training and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of child care, early childhood or related programs.
- Must complete a minimum of thirty (30) hours of training every two years.
- Fifteen (15) hours of such training must be received during the first six (6) months of employment.
- Training must address the topics outlined in section 418-1.14 Training of the New York State Office of Children & Families Services (NYS OCFS) Daycare Regulations.
- Meets all applicable NYS OCFS licensing regulations.
- Able to work effectively with children/youth with behavioral, emotional and/or mental health challenges and their families.
FLSA Classification: Exempt. Full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position.
Please submit your cover letter (including salary requirement) and resume to Family Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to Family Help Center, Attention DAYCARE, 60 Dingens Street, Buffalo, NY 14206